Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stuck with "Everwood," Rae, and La Tour Eiffel...not a bad place to be

So I guess one would assume that at the beginning of any random blog there would be some explanation for the writing...an explanation for the expression. I'm not some emotionally tortured soul who feels the need to express their feelings on a blog. I mean, define emotionally tortured...I kid, I kid! I suppose some of it is self-expression-but I wanna do it, so let me!

I'm not really sure what this blog will turn into, so just go with it, and maybe you'll get a giggle out of my posts :)

Recently my roommate, Rayyychel and I have rekindled our love of a long dead show, Everwood. Ever heard of it? Well it was the best show in high school, and season 3 was just released....so we're working out way through it. But Rae is going to the beach on Saturday with her family for a week, so the marathon going to be put on hold for a week or so. It's just as well since ABC Family is having a Harry Potter movie marathon this weekend...and, yes, I will be proudly watching a good portion of said marathon.

That being said, I am a random and odd person, and tend to write as I think...ie: I jump around, A LOT. Rae joked that this blog will turn into the most random and odd thing, because I am so random and odd.


Currently I'm in a weird place in my life. Post-Grad, with a job that I love to hate (Rae will love that one). I feel stuck, like I keep waiting for the rest of my life to start...I guess I'm done waiting for it to just fall in my lap. Nothing comes easy, or to those who wait-damn the old adages. I'm going to start making changes, because I'll go berserk if I don't.

1: I'm making a serious attempt to become a healthier person. This started close to a year ago, when I became a vegetarian. I'm actually really happy with that decision. I thought I would miss meat a lot more than I really ever did, and I haven't had a craving for a burger in a long time...usually when I do I can appease it with a few french fries (yes I see the irony in that, and the complete hippocracy)
2: I'm trying to go to the gym more...which hasn't gone too well in the past few weeks, but in my defense I have been working a lot! Back to the gym tomorrow!
3: I'm considering going back to grad school...
4: I studied French in college, and studied abroad in France for four glorious months. I want to continue speaking it, so I think I'm going to try a French speaking/meeting group this month. It could be a great opportunity to speak such a beautiful language again-J'espere!!

Some inspiration until next time: a little slice of me with my one true love affair: La Tour Eiffel

xx
-E





Currently Listening To: Vedera "Loving Ghosts"
Currently Reading: I'm in between "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah and "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen
Currently Wanting: The Droid X! and an Urban Outfitters closer to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment